Water damage and mold often go together when leaks are not caught in a timely matter or water damage is left untreated for any length of time. Mold can cause negative health affects and it is strongly recommended to leave any area that is known to contain it. If your home or business has a mold issue, this is something that should be treated as soon as possible. Unfortunately this is not a fix we recommend attempting without proper training, equipment and ppe gear. Save the repairs for a restoration professional like Good Times Restoration.
When it comes to mold removal it is very important to have the right equipment on hand. Containment, air scrubbers and a hepa vac are absolutely needed. Mold has a tendency to spread when disturbed so disturbing mold without the correct air filtration and barriers setup can result in a much larger problem. It is also very critical to have the correct ppe. A respirator with the appropriate filters, a full body suit, gloves and safety glasses should be worn at all time. Mold is not something to take lightly and should only be treated by a restoration company.